What are Silestone Countertops?
What are Silestone Countertops? Surfaces made of Silestone have traditionally been linked with kitchens. In this article, we go into great depth about them.
In contemporary kitchens, the Silestone countertop is a common design feature. The material is not new, despite being a relatively recent fad, since it has long been one of the most often used options for kitchens (since the 90s).
One of the important choices we must make when designing, renovating, or building a kitchen is the countertop.
Our kitchen will last for many years if we pick our countertops carefully; else, we will need to replace them after a few years.
It is crucial to take into account a countertop’s traits, advantages, and disadvantages while choosing one.
As a result, in the following article, we will cover both the positives and negatives of Silestone countertops.
What is the Silestone countertop?
Silestone is one of the most often used materials for kitchen countertops, while it may also be used on walls and floors.
Compact quartz accounts for 94% of the material, with the remaining 6% made up of certain resins and other substances.
This material combination results in durable, resilient, and versatile surfaces.
Silica dust inhalation has been the focus of various debates in recent years since cutting this material may cause silicosis.
Not the customer is affected; rather, it is the staff of the distribution companies.
For this reason, we recommend buying a Silestone countertop from an established vendor that guarantees security.
- Silestone countertops provide advantages that other countertops made of other types of material do not.
Many people consider Silestone to be far better than granite or marble. Let’s look at the several advantages that this drug offers.
- A wide variety of colors and finishes are available on the market, which has fast become a need in the kitchen. Because there are more than 100 available colors, as well as a wide variety of treatments and textures, every countertop is different.
- Second, it is known for its hardness and resistance. Since Silestone countertops are composed of compressed quartz, they are durable and long-lasting. Throughout almost all of human history, they have been used as worktops.
- Thirdly, the stain resistance of this kind of countertop is a plus. Compact quartz has no holes. Therefore the surface of the countertop is impervious to stains. Thus, cleaning it is simple.
- The greatest quality of Silestone countertops is their ability to keep cleanliness in a space as crucial as the kitchen. These countertops have had antibacterial protection for a while, so there is no risk of bacteria growth.
- Modern Design
- High-resistance to stains and knocks
- Endless color possibilities
The Silestone countertop has only one significant flaw.
This is because, unlike other materials like marble, it is not heat resistant.
This suggests that you shouldn’t place pots, pans, or other objects like that on its surface.
However, there is a very simple and affordable solution to this flaw. Simply place trivets on the counter before removing any pots or pans from the heat, and voila!
It is quite challenging to calculate the exact cost of a Silestone countertop. The cost is influenced by the style, color, size, thickness, finishings, texture, and other details.
Stone Spirit is a Countertop shop specializing in natural granite, quartz & marble, offering installation & consults. Stone Spirit offers a wide range of quality countertops to meet their customers’ needs. They offer installation and consultation services for all their products. Stone Spirit has what you need if you are looking for a new countertop.